[FlopCpp] Piece-Wise Linear Equation

Tim Hultberg Tim.Hultberg at eumetsat.int
Mon Aug 30 10:59:33 EDT 2010

Dear Rothikumar,

Often the formulation of a piece-wise linear objective function is easy – see for example the attached. In other cases (obj function not convex), additional binary variables are needed. In any case you have to transform your model to a linear model and then express it in flopc++ (there is (not yet) any specific language support for this).

Hope this helps, Tim

Tim Hultberg
Product Implementation Expert
Meteorological Operations Division