[FlopCpp] variable names lost in FlopC++ or in OSI?

Michael Chen vancouver.michael at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 16:25:30 EST 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Tim Hultberg <Tim.Hultberg at eumetsat.int>wrote:

>  I have jut checked - there is a setRowName method of OsiSolverInterface
> (don’t think there was when flopc++ was written), so it would be possible to
> pass on the names.
>
> Yes, I used setRowName(), and writeMPS() and writeLP(), however the output
is still not in terms of user defined variable names and constraint names.
There are native version of writeMPS() and writeLP(), which asks for
variable names and  constraint names as input parameters. Not sure why this
is needed if  methods setRowName(), and setColName() are provided.

It might be possible to query the variable index of the osi model, and then
create the var names with correct index as input parameter to the native
version of writeMPS() and writeLP(). But I didn't try.

Sincerely Yours,
Michael Chen

--
Best regards,