[FlopCpp] confusing indexing syntax

Michael Chen vancouver.michael at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 01:40:20 EST 2009

Hey, there,

I have no clue why this simple one cannot compile:

     MP_set NN(2);
     MP_set T(2);
     MP_variable Z(NN, T);
     Z.binary();

    MP_constraint initZ(NN);
    initZ(j) = Z(j, 0) == 0;

I tried all other possible format of the last sentence, and didn't get any
luck.

I also see from the examples, a set name, T, for example, is used for
indexing; sometimes, a MP_index variable is used for indexing; sometimes,
Link(S,D), is used for indexing, not Link(s,d), where s and d are MP_index
variable. I probably get used to AMPL syntax, where only index variable can
be used to indexing things. Would anyone give me a rule about indexing
syntax? Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Michael Chen