[FlopCpp] maximum dimension of data, variables and constraints

Tim Hultberg Tim.Hultberg at eumetsat.int
Wed Oct 10 08:26:32 EDT 2007

Yes.

Short term solution: Although primarily intended for sparse
data/variables/constraints, you can group sets together with MP_subset.
As an example I show how to get an 8 dimensional MP_data called biggy
below:

    MP_set A(5);
    MP_set B(5);
    MP_set C(5);
    MP_set D(5);
    MP_set E(5);
    MP_set F(5);
    MP_set G(5);
    MP_set H(5);

    MP_subset<4> S1(A,B,C,D);
    MP_subset<4> S2(E,F,G,H);

    forall(A*B*C*D,
	   S1.insert(A,B,C,D));

    forall(E*F*G*H,
	   S2.insert(E,F,G,H));

    MP_data biggy(S1,S2);

    MP_data dat1(A);
    MP_data dat2(G);
    dat1(A) = 7;
    dat2(G) = Constant(G);

    biggy(S1(A,B,C,D),S2(E,F,G,H)) = dat1(A) + dat2(G);

    biggy.display("contents of biggy");

Mid term solution: Tell me the maximum dimension you need. If this
number is not to big, I can increase the max dimension of flopc++
accordingly (some time)

Cheers, Tim

--------------------
Tim Hultberg, Product Implementation Expert
--------------------
EUMETSAT, European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological
Satellites
Am Kavelleriesand 31, D-64295 Darmstadt,Germany
tel: +49 6151 807 73 49

>>> José Antonio Domínguez <jadona at unizar.es> 10/10/2007 13:36 >>>
Hello.
I am new with this software "FlopC++", and I need help. In the FAQ, it

is written that the maximum dimension of data, variables and
constraints
is five.
I want to use this software for a problem with more data, variables and

constraints. Are there some solution?

Thanks,
José A. Domínguez
Dep. of Electrical Engineering