[FlopCpp] writeMps

Tim Hultberg Tim.Hultberg at eumetsat.int
Thu May 17 12:40:36 EDT 2007

The problem isn't actually generated (and passed to the solver) before
minimize is called. If you just want to generate a problem and pass it
to the solver without actually solving, you must use the "attach"
method.

The fact that writeMps coredumps on an non-initialized problem is a
problem of OsiSolverInterface rather than flopc++.

Tim

Tim Hultberg

>>> "Vishy Jeet" <vishv.jeet at gmail.com> 05/15/07 7:37 PM >>>
Hi everyone,

Why can't I call writeMps function in tap.cpp (flopcpp examples....)
before
the minimize
is called -- it causes coredump. While if I call them after minimize is
called it works just
fine..

    first_instance->writeMps("f.mps");
    second_instance->writeMps("s.mps");

The question is: why do I have to solve the problem if I just want to
write
the MPS?

regards,
vishy