[FlopCpp] getStatus return false OPTIMAL

Vishy Jeet vishv.jeet at gmail.com
Wed May 9 12:32:03 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

I am running the following little program. My class "dir" has a set of
binary variables called "X".
After minimization getStatus() return "OPTIMAL" while Xs are displayed as
fractional. When I
solve the mipModel.mps using CPLEX: it tells me the problem is infeasible! I
don't understand
why cbc solver is returning false message OPTIMAL. Any help on this is
appreciated.

regards,
vishy

#include "mathModel.h"

typedef enum {SUCCESS = 0, FAILURE = -1};

int main() {
  int retcode = FAILURE;
  container c;                                       /* container class
object that will contains all data*/
  c.readData("c:/dataLocation");
  dir instance(c);                                /* Instantiate an object
of dir class */
  instance.minimize();
  retcode = instance.getStatus();
  if (MP_model::OPTIMAL == retcode){
    instance->writeMps("mipModel", "mps", 1.0);
    instance.X.display("instance (X)");
    cout<<"obj val:="<<instance->getObjValue()<<endl;
  }
  return SUCCESS;
}// main