[FlopCpp] Slow problem generation

Tristram Gräbener tristramg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 05:52:42 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm quite enthusiastic about FlopC++ as is pretty effective for modeling.

I'm trying to use it on a rather big problem (10'000 vars, 100'000
constraints, and should get bigger).
Currently it needs about 20 minutes to generate the problem and Cbc needs
only 15 to solve it, so it isn't as nice :)

I narrowed the problem down to  MP_constraint::coefficients(GenerateFunctor&
f) that take to much time.

Are you considering that problem, or is there even some improvement on that
? (I am using the trunk on the svn)

If no, I am will look into it - but I wanted to make sure that the has been
no work on it before.

Otherwise, thanks for that very nice library !

Regards,

Tristram