[FlopCpp] MSVS8, error LNK2005 ... already defined

John Raffensperger john.raffensperger at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Feb 19 04:41:57 EST 2007

Dear colleagues,

I am trying to compile FLOPC++ on MSVS 8. I use TortoiseSVN to update ...\FLOPC++\, then open ...\FLOPC++\stable\1.0\MSVisualStudio\v8\FlopCpp\examples\cuttingStock\cuttingStock.sln. This does not compile.

First, it seems I must add the libraries (in ..\coin-win32-msvc7-13Feb06\lib\*.lib) explicitly to the projects in Project, Properties, Linker, Input, Additional Dependencies. Is that true?

Second, after I add those libraries, the compiler give 5 errors,
-  4 of which are of the form, "error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall std:: ... already defined in libcoin.lib(CoinWarmStartBasis.o)", with the file listed as libcpmtd.lib
- 1 of which is "fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcp.lib'"
These seem to be issues with the multithreading libraries.

I am keen to make this work, but must subordinate my pride to my schedule. Has anyone some suggestions?

Warm regards,

Fritz
-----
John F. Raffensperger, Ph.D.
Dept. of Management, Private Bag 4800
Univ. of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand
+64-3-364-2987, ext. 8616.
http://www.mang.canterbury.ac.nz/people/jfraffen/
Explore Operations Research: http://www.ScienceOfBetter.org/.