[FlopCpp] question on FlopC++

Tim Hultberg Tim.Hultberg at eumetsat.int
Tue Sep 12 11:08:41 EDT 2006

Robin:
The main FLOPC++ enhancements this year were contributed by Philip
Walton and JP Fasano:
- full integration with rest of COIN (including use of common
automake/autoconf tools)
- Windows Visual C++ compatibility (including MS projects)

Soon (its already implemented in a branch) there will be the
possibility to separate the generation and the solve.

Two examples were added:
sudoku: which required also the inclusion of more advanced index
epressions in FLOPC++
stampl: which shows how to formulate a multistage SP recursively

Extensions for SP support using Coin-Smi are in the pipeline.
(I attach recent slides and a conference paper for more info)

About new  users or uses, unfortunately I do not know much. Maybe some
mailing list members can help?

Cheers, Tim

>>> Robin Lougee-Heimer <robinlh at us.ibm.com> 12/09/2006 16:21 >>>
Tim:

We're publishing the annual COIN-OR article for the ORMS Today article.

What are the significant enhancements in 2006 for FlopC++?

Any new users or uses that we can mention?

If you can let me know by cob Weds,  I'd appreciate it.  The article is

due Friday.
Robin

Robin Lougee-Heimer
IBM TJ Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
ph: 914-945-3032   fax: 914-945-3434
robinlh at us.ibm.com
http://www.coin-or.org