[Flopcpp] FYi, I'm working on a MSVC8 port....

Darla and Philip Walton hpwalton at comcast.net
Tue May 23 21:08:47 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm in the midst of an MSVC port.  I have a compile working, but the runtime is still broken.

The initialization of any unitialized data (pointers, etc.) is causing me a pain.  I suspect it's due to
the fact that g++ initializes pointers to NULL by default, where MSVC does not.

Anyone know any magic around that?  Or any other gotchas I can expect?

This forces me to create constructor initializers for several objects which don't have one for free....
I hope to get back on this in the next few days.

Philip