[FlopCpp] problem building FlopC++

Michal Kaut michal.kaut at hiMolde.no
Wed Jun 28 11:13:06 EDT 2006

Hello,

I planned to have a look at FlopC++, but has not been able to build it.
In fact, the sources look rather "suspicious" to me (though I have to
admit I am not a programmer).

To avoid misunderstandings, I have downloaded FlopC++ using the provided
svn link and placed into directory <my_path>/Coin-OR/Coin-FlopC++,
alongside the other projects. (Each project being in Coin-OR/Coin-<name>
directory, as recommended on the main Coin-OR page.)

The first surprising thing was that there are two different versions,
one in ./trunk, the other in ./branches/walton - which one should a
"normal" user use?

Anyway, it turned out to be simple, since ./trunk/flopc.cpp is some kind
of a binary variable, and therefore does not compile...

The other strange thing was the first lines in the main Makefiles:
CoinDir	= /homespace/hultberg/COIN
First of all, this almost looks like these files were not meant for a
public distribution?
The next question is, what should it be replaced with? I thought about
the root Coin-OR dir, but then I noticed there is a -I$(CoinDir)/include
in the Makefile, while the root dir includes only the dirs of the projects.
I tried the CBC and OSI project dirs (via ../../../Coin-Cbc and
../../../Coin-Osi), and when it did not compile I gave up...

So the question is, I am doing anything (everything) wrong, or is there
something wrong with the svn sources?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Michal Kaut