[Flopcpp] A FlopC++/COIN-Guide for beginners

WoelliUSM at aol.com WoelliUSM at aol.com
Thu Jun 8 12:29:18 EDT 2006

Dear  all,
first  of all, the more and more I work with COIN/FlopC++, the more I am
fascinated by the excellent work which is done here.

Because  of many reasons, which I maybe mention later, I started working on
an _FlopC++-Wikipedia_ (http://cardinals2.mastershrimp.com/wiki)  as a
contribution to this community.
As  my beginning in January is not too far away, I can remember well how
difficult it was to start. I still think that a platform for beginners, who know
about modeling (GAMS, AMPL) but are new to COIN/FLOPC++, is needed. FlopC++
may  be a good "door-opener" to the world of COIN, as it is not as difficult as
the  mps-format.
If  you read the wikipedia, you'll see that I try to explain FlopC++ as a
C++-Class  for which extensive C++-knowledge is not needed to become attractive
to  AMPL/GAMS-Users. I try to establish some kind of "plug and play" to make it
easy  to start with FlopC++ and COIN.
I'd  really like to know, whether this is a desired contribution.
Of  course this wikipedia is not finished yet, but right now I am thinking of
either  focussing completely on FlopC++ or also explaining basics of COIN. If
the last  option is desired, I need help from this community because I am not
very  experienced with COIN, so I don't know what is really important for
starters. I am glad about every contribution, note, commentary etc.
Greetings  from Cologne,
Christian  Woellenstein