[Csdp] csdp with Matlab on a Mac

Brian Borchers borchers at nmt.edu
Thu Jan 2 13:02:50 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:44 AM, Hongying Li <lihongying17 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I just $ mv ~/bin/csdp /usr/local/bin
> Now everything goes well.
>
> Maybe the $PATH  is reseted somewhere, like in this one about rvm:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9561519/why-does-zsh-return-command-not-found-error-for-my-rvm-gems
>
> Better solutions ?
>
> I forget to note that I’m using zsh, and .oh-my-zsh.
> I have my PATH settings in .zshrc

The problem here was that when MATLAB executed the "system('csd')" command,
it started up a shell (I'm not sure which shell, but it could have been
e.g. csh), and that shell could not find the csdp executable in its search
path.  You resolved the problem by moving the csdp executable into
/usr/local/bin.  I don't know how MATLAB decides what shell to execute
commands with- it's not clear at all that it will use your zsh shell.

Brian Borchers                          borchers at nmt.edu
Department of Mathematics      http://www.nmt.edu/~borchers/
New Mexico Tech                       Phone: (575) 322-2592
Socorro, NM 87801                   FAX: (575) 835-5366