[Csdp] How can I set CSDP parameters from C library?

Brian Borchers borchers at nmt.edu
Wed Oct 12 11:35:26 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 12:57 AM, Wendel Alexandre Xavier de Melo <
wendelalexandre at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi experts
>

> I have been working about a C++ implementation of a Branch and Bound
> algorithm over SDP problems. I have used CSDP in my application by means of
> CSDP C library. Now, I would like to change some default parameters values,
> but the easy sdp function does not allow me make that. Can someone  say me
> how I can set the CSDP parameters form C library or where I can get that
> information?
>
> Best Regards

There are two approaches that I can suggest:

1. If you want to use the same parameters every time that you call
easysdp(), then you can simply create a file called "param.csdp" and set the
parameters in param.csdp.  The routine that initializes that parameters will
take the parameter values from that file.

2. If you want to dynamically adjust the parameters for different
subproblems in your branch and bound code, then you'll have to dive a bit
deeper into the code and use the sdp() routine instead of easysdp().

Please let me know if you have questions about either of these approaches.

Brian Borchers                          borchers at nmt.edu
Department of Mathematics      http://www.nmt.edu/~borchers/
New Mexico Tech                       Phone: (575) 322-2592
Socorro, NM 87801                   FAX: (575) 835-5366