[Csdp] Puzzling result using icc

Ronald Bruck bruck at usc.edu
Fri Aug 21 20:17:53 EDT 2009

Try watching the Fnorm of X as the iterations proceed.  (I think that's available with
printlevel 2 or greater).  It's clearly blowing up.  It's even more spectacular in extended
precision; After 200 iterates, using 1024-bit precision, the Fnorm of X is about 3.0e40.
(That takes 116 seconds.)

BTW, what platform are you running the quadruple-precision on?

-- Ron Bruck
Due to University fiscal constraints, .sigs may no longer exceed one
line.