[CppAD] yq = f.Forward(q, xq): a zero order Taylor coefficient is nan. What usually causes it?

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Mon Apr 20 22:37:45 EDT 2020

If the zero order Taylor coefficient is nan, the function value is nan. So you should be able to
evaluate the original function using the xq values. There are facilities for determining the x value
at which the nan occurs if you do not know that; see the heading Error Message on
https://coin-or.github.io/CppAD/doc/check_for_nan.htm#Error%20Message