[CppAD] Multi-Threading

Dominik Skanda Dominik.Skanda at biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Mar 7 10:01:52 EST 2012

Hello,

as far as I understand for the multi-threading mode the ADFun Object
itself is not thread safe. Is this right?
Wouldn't it be more user-friendly if the ADFun object itself would be
thread safe. This means that an ADFun-object with stored operation
sequence can be called (the forward or reverse routines) from a unique
thread without any preparation for multi-threading. It would also be
gorgeous if the copy operator would be thread safe, too.
Then, specially in a threaded program one could tape at the beginning
the needed functions (in sequential or parallel mode) and then use the
ADFun object in a  threaded Program, with the only care on not perform
the same ADFun object parallel on different threads? I personally think
this would be very flexible?

regards

Dominik