[CppAD] OpenMP error in debug mode

schattenpflanze at arcor.de schattenpflanze at arcor.de
Tue Feb 8 03:58:48 EST 2011

Hi,

if I compile my code in debug mode, with OpenMP enabled, I get the
following runtime error:

CppAD 20110208 error from unknown source
Error detected by false result for
     thread < omp_max_thread(0)
at line 70 in the file
     ~/CppAD/include/cppad/local/tape_link.hpp
OpenMP: thread_num = 0
pcc_optim: ~/CppAD/include/cppad/error_handler.hpp:198: static void
CppAD::ErrorHandler::Default(bool, int, const char*, const char*, const
char*): Assertion `false' failed.

The error occurs in the line of the first assignment of a value to an
AD<double> variable, long before any differentiation or parallelization
takes place. My compiler is gcc 4.5 on OpenSuse Linux 11.3.

I did not get the error in previous versions, e.g., 20110101.0. Could
this be a regression or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be
appreciated.

Best regards,
Peter