[CppAD] Using existing derivative code combined with AD

Dominik Skanda Dominik.Skanda at biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Jan 5 05:18:13 EST 2011

Hello,
yes this possible with CppAD, I did it myself for the sensitivity
generation of a BDF Method. I applied only CppAD to the righthandside
funtion of the ODE.  The Computation of the Taylor Coefficients of the
BDF integration scheme (including finding a root of a nonlinear
equation) are computed by myself without CppAD. For the forward mode
this is straightforward, while for the reverse mode I used
http://www.coin-or.org/CppAD/Doc/checkpoint.cpp.xml.

regards
Dominik