[CppAD] copy of adfun object

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Wed Oct 21 11:37:50 EDT 2009

ADFun objects can have a large amount of information connected to them.
For this reason, one should avoid making copies of the associated
information. Along these lines, there is a default ADFun constructor
that has a very minimal about of information in it. See the
documentation for the ADFun default constructor:
    http://www.coin-or.org/CppAD/Doc/funconstruct.xml#Default%20Constructor

I would put an ADFun<Base> object in your new class and use the default
constructor for the object. Then, define a member function that moves
the current operation sequence into the ADFun<Base> object using the
Dependent function; see
    http://www.coin-or.org/CppAD/Doc/dependent.xml

You can see an example of this intended use of CppAD at
    http://www.coin-or.org/CppAD/Doc/ad_fun.cpp.xml