[CppAD] Over use of memory use during sparsity calculations

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Fri Sep 18 10:42:03 EDT 2009

I am currently working on reducing the memory usage during CppAD
sparsity calculations. During this process, I discovered that the
current method for doing sparsity calculations was using 8 times the
necessary memory. I just checked in a fix for this. The exact form of
this correction can be seen by looking that the changes for the files
    trunk/cppad/local/for_jac_sweep.hpp
    trunk/cppad/local/for_hes_sweep.hpp
in the changes set
    https://projects.coin-or.org/CppAD/changeset/1513

This correction is immediately available from the subversion
distribution. It will be in the on the whats new page
    http://www.coin-or.org/CppAD/Doc/whats_new_09.xml
and on the distributions on the tarball page
    http://www.coin-or.org/download/source/CppAD/
after the automatic build tomorrow morning.