[CppAD] R package using CppAD

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Thu May 7 09:27:52 EDT 2009

Scott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if anybody out there has had any experiences in
> creating an R package that incorporates Cpp code that uses CppAD?
>
> Currently, I have a shared object that I can dynamically load in R but
> this is not enough for formal package construction (requires the code
> which it compiles and links).
>
> Any help is very appreciated,
>
> Scott

I suggest looking at the package
http://github.com/b45ch1/pycppad/tree/master
The subdirectory
brad
contains the source code for the distribution
http://www.seanet.com/~bradbell/pycppad/index.xml

This distribution compiles and links a shared object that runs with
python and provides AD. Perhaps it would help you do the same for R ?