[CppAD] erf.hpp(268) : error C2603: 'CppAD::erf_template'

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Wed Nov 19 08:47:15 EST 2008

Thank you for the report. I have been testing the project files with
version 7.0 of Microsoft Visual studio where they work fine and have no
error messages. I just tried using version 9.0 and got a lot of
messages along the lines:

warning C4396: 'CppAD::LessThanZero' :
the inline specifier cannot be used when a friend declaration refers to
a specialization of a function template

Does anyone know why Microsoft changed thier C++ compiler to include
this and other other restrictions ?

I will look into this and see if I can get the code to compile and run
with out warnings under Microsoft Visual Studio.

Perhaps you have a copy of
    Visual Studio version 7.0.
or Cygwin
    http://www.cygwin.com/
or Mingw
    http://www.mingw.org/
and that would work for you in the meantime.

Brad.