[CppAD] news on CppAD?

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Tue Sep 12 14:06:09 EDT 2006

> Michael:
>
> I think that's very neat.
>
> Is there a pointer or decription anywhere of your use of IPOPT?  I checked
> the IPOPT "success stories" page(
> https://projects.coin-or.org/Ipopt/wiki/SuccessStories) , but didn't see
> it listed there.

Hmm, didn't even know about that page. An idea of what we are using COIN for may
be found on our project website, http://absolver.sf.net

However, as there is no detailed information on the use of COIN within our
project, I might describe it here:

Parts of our problem to be solved may be arbitrary (non-)linear equations or inequalities.
Even though we are only interested in some solution, not necessary optimal, we
could not find any other proper solver and thus we stick with the optimization
software provided by COIN, i.e., Cbc and IPOPT (we might add Bonmin in the near
future).
As IPOPT requires the Jacobian and Hessian of our a priori unknown function,
CppAD is used to compute them.

Hope this helps,
Michael