[CppAD] configure is broken

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Sat Sep 9 09:52:10 EDT 2006

Michael

Thanks for the bug report.

It appears that trailing spaces in macro arguments are significant (in
configure.ac); i.e., the spaces
are included in the macro expansion.

This has not cause any problems on the systems I have tested on
but it appears that you have a system where it does cause a problem.

I have removed all trailing spaces from all the macro arguments in
configure.ac;
Even though leading spaces are not supposed to matter,
I also removed leading spaces from the first argument; i.e.,
the spaces directly following the left parenthesis.See
    https://projects.coin-or.org/CppAD/changeset/518

I have left the leading spaces between multiple arguments to macros because
I think this makes configure.ac more readable.

Please try this and see if it works for your system.

Thanks again
Brad