[Couenne] post, couenne, matlab

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Fri Mar 29 16:12:36 EDT 2019

There is the OPTI toolbox, which seems to already support Bonmin and is
open source. I guess extending support to Couenne would be an easy matter.

https://www.inverseproblem.co.nz/OPTI/index.php

Cheers,

Ted

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 2:43 PM Ning Wang <ning5 at ualberta.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a PHD student from university of Alberta. Recently I encountered an
> QCQP optimization problem and the problem can be well solved by Couenne (
> through neos ).
>
> My question is: is it possible to call couenne directly from matlab? I am
> not very good at AMPL and my original code is written in matlab. I need to
> run couenne many times, and rewrite the whole matlab code will cost me
> lots of time.
>
> I found a related issue on the internet. In 2011, Pietro Belotti suggested
> a try by writing a .nl file from matlab and then run Couenne as a shell
> script from Matlab and read the .sol file. Is there any new progress in
> this issue?
>
> Thank you very much for your time!
>
> Bests,
> Ning Wang

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280
ted 'at' lehigh 'dot' edu
coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~ted