[Couenne] How does the option art_cutff really work?

Pietro Belotti petr.7b6 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 13:17:08 EDT 2018

Hi Suyun,

art_cutoff is used such that any solution with value >= art_cutoff is not
even tested, therefore any solution is only tested if strictly better than
art_cutoff. This option was introduced to help bound reduction, but clearly
may exclude several solutions. Setting art_cutoff to a larger value should
help Couenne find the feasible solution as it is done when art_cutoff is
not specified.

Since your objective function is integer, I would suggest setting
art_cutoff to 1.

Regards,
Pietro