[Couenne] Is there a callable library to use Couenne in C/C++?

Wendel Melo wendelalexandre at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 21:03:12 EST 2015

Wow! Thanks to everybody to the responses!

Ted, you right! OS looks very useful and I had no idea about that
interesting project. Victor, I am glad also to know about AMPL/MP library!
I am sure this library will be so useful to me in the future!

So, now I have many things to study! Thank all you again!

Have a nice week

Wendel

> On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 6:37 PM, victor.zverovich at gmail.com <
> victor.zverovich at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ted, by "OS passing the model directly to Couenne" you mean via some
>> Couenne APIs or via intermediate XML files?
>>

> I mean via an API, which I guess is probably more part of OS than Couenne.
> I'm not really too familiar with the implementation details, but the basic
> workflow is to first create an OSInstance object using a solver-agnostic
> API (similar in spirit to Osi, except with support for nonlinear modeling).
> The API is here:
>

> https://projects.coin-or.org/OS/browser/trunk/OS/src/OSCommonInterfaces/OSInstance.h
>
> After creating the model, to pass it to Couenne, you
> call buildSolverInstance() here:
>

> https://projects.coin-or.org/OS/browser/trunk/OS/src/OSSolverInterfaces/OSCouenneSolver.cpp#L141
>
> which translates the model into Couenne's native data structures. Finally,
> you can call solve().
>
> A detailed example is here:
>

> https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinBazaar/browser/projects/ApplicationTemplates/trunk/instanceGenerator/OSInstanceGenerator.cpp
>
> This functionality is what is planned to be the basis for "Osi 2" if that
> project ever comes to fruition. I don't think many people realize how much
> useful stuff is in the OS project.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ted
>

> --