[Couenne] Give a Initial Solution in Couenne

Pietro Belotti petr.7b6 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 18:28:02 EDT 2013

Hernan,

Couenne is a global solver, hence it guarantees to find an optimal solution
regardless of the initial one provided. The initial solution you give will
be used by Ipopt (used by Couenne to solve some NLP problems, for instance
for heuristics) and by Couenne itself, but only to serve as a cutoff (i.e.
remove regions of the feasibility set). It can actually be very useful to
decrease the running time. However, in general Couenne will not (and should
not) give an optimal solution that depends on the initial one given.

Regards,
Pietro