[Couenne] Changing on Couenne code to save information

Pietro Belotti petr.7b6 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 05:12:04 EDT 2013

Wendel,

I think a good place is Couenne/src/convex/generateCuts.cpp, at the
beginning of CouenneCutGenerator::generateCuts(). This function is called
more or less at every node. You can get the total CPU time spent so far
with CoinCpuTime(), and lower and upper bound with si.getColLower ()
[indObj] and problem_ -> getCutOff (), respectively (indObj is declared at
the beginning).

Regards,
Pietro

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Wendel Melo <wendelalexandre at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thank you Stefan and Pietro!
>
> Taking advantage, Pietro, do you know where I could change the Couenne
> code to save that information in a external txt file? I have lot of
> problems to test and it would be very painful check output for all cases
>
> Thank you again
>
> Wendel
>

> 2013/10/17 Pietro Belotti <petr.7b6 at gmail.com>
>
>> Wendel,
>>
>> in alternative you can set the option
>>
>> bb_log_interval 10
>>
>> (or an even smaller number than 10) in the option file couenne.opt. This
>> will increase by far the amount of output, but Couenne will print a line
>> every 10 nodes with information on the lower bound and the total CPU time
>> so far. You can then select those lines with times around multiples of 1800.
>>
>> Pietro
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Stefan Vigerske <
>> stefan at math.hu-berlin.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm adding a primal heuristic to Couenne in order to track such
>>> information.
>>>
>>> CouenneSetup couenne_setup;
>>> couenne_setup.heuristics().**push_back(BabSetupBase::**
>>> HeuristicMethod());
>>> couenne_setup.heuristics().**back().heuristic = new
>>> GamsCbcHeurSolveTrace(...);