[Couenne] Call couenne from C++

sguazt marco.guazzone at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 08:21:34 EDT 2011

Hello,

I would like to use the couenne solver from C++.

The simplest way is by invoking Couenne as an external process (i.e.,
by means of the system() standard C function).
However this is very expensive in terms of resource consumption,
especially in cases, like mine, when Couenne is to be invoked
frequently.

So I wonder if there a way to perform these steps in "native" C++
(i.e., without calling external processes):
1. to dynamically create the problem model (or at least update a
static description with new parameters)
2. to pass this problem to Couenne
3. to solve it and retrieve the results

Is it actually possible?