[Couenne] Couenne stable release 0.4
pbelott at clemson.edu
Mon Aug 8 05:13:15 EDT 2011
Dear Couenne users,
this is to announce the 0.4 stable version of Couenne. There are a number
of additions and improvements, including:
1) a Feasibility Pump heuristic for non-convex MINLP, developed with Timo
Berthold at the ZIB institute.
2) Orbital Branching for MINLP, developed with Jim Ostrowski and Leo
3) Fixed Point Bound tightening, a bound reduction procedure developed
with Sonia Cafieri, Jon Lee, and Leo Liberti.
4) "semi-auxiliaries", i.e., auxiliary variables defined as y >= f(x) or y
<= f(x) instead of just y = f(x). The purpose is to save on the number of
auxiliaries generated and hence on the size of the LP relaxation.
5) "Two-Implied bound tightening", a new bound reduction procedure
described in http://www.optimization-online.org/DB_FILE/2011/02/2931.pdf
6) various bug fixes.
Release 0.4.0 is a snapshot of the new stable version. The new features
will soon be documented in Couenne's user manual, available at
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences
email: pbelott at clemson.edu
More information about the Couenne