[Couenne] compiling Couenne in a macos

Joao Pedro Pedroso jpp at fc.up.pt
Tue Sep 28 02:22:16 EDT 2010

Hello,

> As you said below, Infinity is defined in mach.o, which is included in
> the ASL library.

Actually, I succeeded compiling Couenne by changing the way it links
with ampl libraries.  I just save all the object file (*.o) that
should be archived into the library; then, I linked with them
directly.

1. Compiled the ASL files "manually" (edited 'compile_Unix_ASL' so
that it doesn't remove the *.o object files).

2. Created a directory ASL under build/Couenne/main; place there all
the ASL's objected required for the amplsolver.a ('x' variable in the
'compile_Unix_ASL' script);

3. Edited 'Makefile' in build/Couenne/main: replaced
  ASLLIB = /Users/jpp/src/Couenne/build/ThirdParty/ASL/amplsolver.a
by
  ASLLIB = /Users/jpp/src/Couenne/build/Couenne/src/main/ASL/*.o

4. 'make clean; make; make test' at the 'build' directory.

Great, now it's time I use it!
Thanks,

Joao Pedro