[Couenne] error during couenne make : comma at end of enumerator list

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Fri Oct 1 05:52:46 EDT 2010

Hi,

can you say whether LibraryHandler.c is compiled by a C compiler (e.g.,
gcc), or a C++ compiler (e.g., C++).

There is a configure option --disable-linear-solver-loader that may help
to work around this problem.

Stefan

David Gravot wrote:
> Hello
>
> I managed to run the configure script ( after removing the HSL dir, I must
> say)
>
> However, the make task was aborted due to an error "error: comma at end of
> enumerator list " in an include file /usr/include/bits/confname.h (see error
> message below)
> I checked that indeed this line contains an enum ending with a comma.
> I found on the internet (
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1002462/gcc-is-it-possible-to-disable-the-comma-at-end-of-enumerator-list-warning-when)
> that such syntax is accepted in C but not C++
>
> I'm using gcc 4.4.1 on unbuntu
>
> David
>
> In file included from /usr/include/unistd.h:568,
>                  from
> ../../../../../Ipopt/src/contrib/LinearSolverLoader/LibraryHandler.h:22,
>                  from
> ../../../../../Ipopt/src/contrib/LinearSolverLoader/LibraryHandler.c:12:
> /usr/include/bits/confname.h:532: error: comma at end of enumerator list
> make[2]: *** [LibraryHandler.lo] Erreur 1
> make[2]: quittant le répertoire «
> /home/dgravot/Couenne/build/Ipopt/src/contrib/LinearSolverLoader »
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1
> make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/dgravot/Couenne/build/Ipopt »
> make: *** [all-recursive] Erreur 1

Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics
http://www.math.hu-berlin.de/~stefan