[Couenne] Couenne and Cplex

Pietro Belotti pbelott at clemson.edu
Sun Nov 21 13:25:37 EST 2010

Hi Giacomo,

I don't know if that is a problem with Couenne generating a numerically
unstable LP. CPX_ERR_NO_SOLN (code 1217) follows an attempt to read a
solution before the problem is actually solved. I haven't looked at the
Cplex interface used by Couenne for a while, but the LP solver interfaces
in Couenne are all transparent to the actual solver (they are templated
on Osi???SolverInterface classes).

I will try to address this issue as soon as I can, but in the meantime can
you check whether the solve() methods in
Couenne/src/problem/CouenneSolverInterface.cpp are actually called?

Thanks,

Pietro Belotti
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences
Clemson University