[Couenne] Using Couenne with AMPL

Bruno Conti Marini bcmarini at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:38:06 EST 2010

Hello everyone,

I am new to this mailing list and I am not sure where to find older messages
in order to check if someone already asked what I am about to ask. So if you
want to give me a link to the older messages I will gladly search them,
otherwise here's my doubt:

I am trying to use Couenne (couenne (Linux 2.6.27-15-generic),
ASL(20100111)) with AMPL. I read in the documentation that I need to create
a couenne.opt file in the same folder Couenne will run in order to pass
options. I created the file with the following lines:

# File start

time_limit 3600
# File end

I have read and execute permissions on the file (chmod a+rx couenne.opt)

I am getting the following error: Error reading value for tag time_limit
from file.
In the file .../Couenne/src/couenne.opt there's no mention of the time_limit
parameter, however it is listed in the documentation generated.

My .ampl file is the following:

# File start

option solver '/usr/Couenne/build/bin/couenne';
model '.../model.mod' ;
data '.../data.dat' ;
solve ;
# File end

Please note that the model and data paths are not like the ones I wrote
here.

Thanks for the help in advance.

--
Bruno Conti Marini