[Couenne] Couenne with Cplex

Pietro Belotti pbelott at clemson.edu
Wed Dec 1 17:45:23 EST 2010

Dear Nathalie,

unfortunately I cannot replicate your problem. The error you are showing
appears to be a missing #include in
Couenne/src/problem/CouenneSolverInterface.cpp, which defines a template
LP solver without ever declaring any OsiCpxSolverInterface. You could
change CouenneSolverInterface.cpp and add the lines

#ifdef COIN_HAS_CPX
#include "OsiCpxSolverInterface.hpp"
#endif

right below the other two "#include" commands. However, this is totally
unnecessary in the version I have tried, because no object
OsiCpxSolverInterface is ever referenced explicitly in that source file.

More specifically: if I configure Couenne (version stable-0.3) using the
command

../configure --with-cplex-incdir=/usr/share/cplex122/cplex/include/ilcplex --with-cplex-lib='/usr/share/cplex122/cplex/lib/x86-64_sles10_4.1/static_pic/libcplex.a -lpthread'

it builds couenne without errors and it solves MINLP problems correctly.
One caveat: after solving the LP relaxation, for some reason
OsiCpxSolverInterface will print an error message of the form "Cplex error
1217: no solution found" or something similar. As far as I can understand,
that doesn't really affect the behavior of Couenne, which in fact obtain
the right solution from the LP solver and is able to solve the MINLP to
global optimality. I'm just anticipating that if you receive that error
you shouldn't worry (see related, if outdated, discussion at
http://list.coin-or.org/pipermail/osi/2008-June/thread.html#138)

Can you please email your configuration command and the version of Couenne
you are using?

PS: please direct all questions on Couenne to its mailing list:

couenne at list.coin-or.org

--
Pietro Belotti
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences