[Couenne] memory problem

Pietro Belotti belotti at lehigh.edu
Thu Jun 18 18:35:02 EDT 2009

Dear Ercan,

you can specify a limit for the maximum running time (option
time_limit in couenne.opt) and for number of branch-and-bound nodes
(option node_limit), but not for the maximum memory allocation.
Unfortunately, the memory allocation depends highly depends on the
number of nodes, and cannot be limited without affecting the
performance.

Pietro Belotti, Lehigh University
Dept. of Industrial & Systems Engineering
200 W Packer Ave, Bethlehem PA 18015.
phone: 610-758-3865   fax: 610-758-4886
email: belotti at lehigh.edu
web:   http://www.lehigh.edu/~pib208