[Couenne] Reading .sol File

Pietro Belotti belotti at lehigh.edu
Mon Jul 13 16:03:46 EDT 2009

Dear Gillian,

quick answer: if your original problem has n variables, the LAST n
lines of the .sol file contains the values of those variables, in the
same order (this always worked for me).

Long answer: the .sol file is in a format suitable for the AMPL
modeling language. You can retrieve the values of the variables by
running Couenne from AMPL. The current implementation of Couenne has
no other output form yet, hence you may want to check some material on
AMPL in order to understand how to read a .sol file.

Best,

Pietro Belotti, Lehigh University
Dept. of Industrial & Systems Engineering
200 W Packer Ave, Bethlehem PA 18015.
phone: 610-758-3865   fax: 610-758-4886
email: belotti at lehigh.edu
web:   http://www.lehigh.edu/~pib208