[CoinUtils] 64-bit integers in CoinUtils/configure?

Horand Gassmann Horand.Gassmann at Dal.Ca
Sun Sep 3 14:48:31 EDT 2017

I think I need some assistance with the configure file for CoinUtils I am doing some experiments with 64-bit integers and am using the code starting at configure.ac, line 136. If I understand the line correctly, it checks whether int64_t is defined by the system and if the test succeedssets the variable CoinInt64 to int64_t. If the test fails, other possibilities are checked (long long int, long int, int, in that order), and the successful type is recorded. Line 184 then exports the first supported type to the environment variable COIN_INT64_T, which can then be accessed in the user's C++ code.

Here is what I tried:

#ifdef OIN_INT64_t
  typedef COIN_INT64_t my_int64;
#else
  typedef int my_int64;
#endif

This generates the compiler error "int64_t does not name a type". I don't understand. Am I missing a header file somehow? I get the same error when I try

typedef int64_t my_int64;

What am I doing wrong?

Horand I. Gassmann, Professor

Kenneth C. Rowe School of Business, Dalhousie University
6100 University Avenue, PO Box 15000
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4R2
ph. (902) 494-1844
fax (902) 494-1107