[CoinUtils] Build instruction on Coin Utils main page do not appear to work correctly

Max Arai maxarai at verizon.net
Sun Apr 8 21:32:35 EDT 2012

The page https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinUtils says

svn co https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/CoinUtils/trunk coin-CoinUtils
cd coin-CoinUtils
./configure -C
make
make test
make install
Under OSX 10.7.3 (probably others but I did not test), the configure command needs to be

	./configure --enable-debug -C

Otherwise, with the sources as of 8 April 2012 (SVN-1527 for CoinIndexedVector.cpp), the NDEBUG flag causes the symbols CoinIndexedVector::checkClear and CoinIndexedVector::checkClean to be undefined.

I think lines 315 and 388 should be made blank to eliminate an unnecessary #ifndef NDEBUG/#endif pair

Please accept my apologies if this is not an appropriate forum for this comment.

Thanks
Max