[CoinUtils] Where can I find comprehensive CoinMP Documentation

Mark Liu markisusmarkmark at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 14:37:10 EDT 2012

I have just installed the CoinMP library (CoinMP.dll) found at https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinMP

I don't think the example.c file nor the CoinMP.h file provided with the package are sufficient to figure out how to use the library.
However, I cannot seem to find a document that explains all the functions exported by CoinMP.dll.

Specifically, I cannot figure out how to use the following function exported by CoinMP.dll:
SOLVAPI int    SOLVCALL CoinLoadProblem(HPROB hProb,
int ColCount, int RowCount, int NZCount, int RangeCount,
int ObjectSense, double ObjectConst, double* ObjectCoeffs,
double* LowerBounds, double* UpperBounds, const char* RowType,
double* RHSValues, double* RangeValues, int* MatrixBegin,
int* MatrixCount, int* MatrixIndex, double* MatrixValues,
char** ColNamesList, char** RowNamesList, const char* ObjectName);

What is the meaning of RangeCount and MatrixBegin? I have inferred from the example code that matrixCount stores the number of variables in each column of the constraint matrix and that matrixIndex stores the position of those variables within the columns, but which document actually explains that?

Also, I am confused about declaring unconstrained variables.
In example.c, it seems that upper bounds are set to 1e+37 when they are unbounded from above. Am I right about this?