[CoinUtils] feature in mpsreader?

Sven de Vries sven.devries at yale.edu
Wed Jun 20 12:49:19 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I had some trouble with the coin-mps-reader. To easily reproduce it, i run
cbc on the following mps-file

NAME  mps problem
ROWS
  N o
  E c1
  E c2
COLUMNS
  x1 o 33.5 c1 1
  x1 c2 1
  x2 o 1.1 c1 1
RHS
  m c1 1
  m c2 1
BOUNDS
  BV bound x1 1
ENDATA

which results in

  ~/coin-Cbc/bin/cbc /tmp/m.mps
Coin Cbc and Clp Solver version 1.01.00, build Jun 11 2007
command line - cbc /tmp/m.mps
At line 1 NAME  mps problem
At line 2 ROWS
At line 6 COLUMNS
At line 10 RHS
At line 13 BOUNDS
No match for column 1 at line 14 <  BV bound x1 1 >
At line 15 ENDATA
Problem mps has 2 rows, 2 columns and 3 elements
  There were 1 errors when importing model from /tmp/m.mps
There were 1 errors on input

Now I found one workaround, by replacing 'bound' in line 14 by 'bounds'.
(oddly replacing it with 'bds1' works too.)

Although, my file above might not fullfill the mps-fixed format; it looks
reasonalbe wrt. the mps-free format.?

Could it be, that the BV record is still read in some variant of fixed
column format?

best
sven