[CoinMp] CoinMP cbc memory leak?

Stuart Mitchell s.mitchell at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Jun 9 21:03:47 EDT 2008

Note your solution will probably cause an error if the user wishes to
solve a linear (not integer) programing problem.

I think I generated a ticket for this and some other problems I have found.

Note I have produced a new version of CoinMP (I have also had to change
the externals so I compiles properly, and some other bug fixes)

This can be found on the in the svn source code of pulp-or on
http://code.google.com/p/pulp-or/source/browse
Rod Frowd wrote:
> I have been running the CBC MIP repetitively from CoinMP.dll and it
> seems to be leaking memory and growing in size.
>
> I have added a delete of the cbc object into CoinMP.cpp as follows. It
> looks like this will also delete the cut generator objects created as
> its destructor includes deletion of the cut generators.
>
> SOLVAPI int CoinUnloadProblem(HPROB hProb)
> {
>   PCOIN pCoin = (PCOIN)hProb;
>      if (pCoin) {
>        delete pCoin->clp;
>        if (pCoin->RowLower) free(pCoin->RowLower);
>        if (pCoin->RowUpper) free(pCoin->RowUpper);
>        if (pCoin->IsInt) free(pCoin->IsInt);
>        delete pCoin->cbc;
>        pCoin->cbc = NULL;
>    }