[CoinBinary] Cannot build clp 1.15.10 on Fedora rawhide - stack smash in make test

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Sat Aug 30 19:02:41 EDT 2014

I did make some changes to CoinLpIO in CoinUtils, which is where the error
seems to be coming up, but I cannot replicate the error. I suspect it has
something to do with the -fstack-protector-strong argument to gcc, but I
can't even run the configure script successfully with the value of CXXFLAGS
used in the failed build and everything seems fine building with the
default set of flags. I did detect a valgrind error in the unit test with
optimization on in writeMps(), but I get no error with a debug build and
this seems to be a different problem. I'm at a bit of a loss. Any ideas?

Ted

--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Associate Professor, Lehigh University