[CoinBinary] Prototype fedora packages

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andrade at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 07:57:35 EST 2012

  Hi,

  I have a prototype all in one "coin-or" package and prototype split
all projects in different packages naming them "coinor-*" at
http://pcpa.fedorapeople.org/coinor

  I would like some feedback before making a formal request
for inclusion in the fedora distribution.

  Main issues I have are:

o Sub project tarballs include all of their dependencies. The reason
  probably is to make it self  contained and reduce bug reports
  due to non matching versions. But I may need to repackage
  tarballs to have it accepted in Fedora due to data/examples
  missing license information
o Data and examples information is very desirable, to know
  what could be packaged, but I am afraid they do not have
  a license (e.g. http://www.coin-or.org/download/source/Data/
  contents of Data-*.tgz)
o I did choose "coinor-*" to match Debian naming, but maybe I
  should use "coin-or-*", suggestions? :-)

Thanks,
Paulo