[CoinBazaar] Project proposal

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Wed Aug 15 11:59:21 EDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I have a new project to propose, as follows.

   - Project wiki name: GIMPy
   - Project page title: Graphical Information from Mathematical
   Programming in Python
   - Project description: This project will consist of a graph class in
   Python and associated methods of displaying information both about
   branch-and-bound processes (and other graph search processes) and about
   other graph-based algorithms (Dijkstra's, max flow, etc.).
   - Categories for this project: Optimization Utility
   - Software language(s): Python
   - Lead project developer: Ted Ralphs
   - License: EPL
   - Justification:
      - Why is this project of interest to the operations research
      community?
      - Why does this project belong in COIN-OR?
      - Why does this project belong in Coin Bazaar? Could it be a
      stand-alone COIN-OR project?

   I think the answer to the first two questions is sort of self-evident.
   For the last question, this is a lightweight project at the moment, just
   one Python class essentially. It will also be integrated with BAK, which is
   in CoinBazaar, so that is convenient.
   - Does this project require read-only access? (default: no) No

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Associate Professor, Lehigh University