[Coin-discuss] Mac OS X Runtime issue...

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Mon Oct 6 17:18:39 EDT 2014

Hi Philip,

I never got the original message for some reason, but looked back in the
archives to see what it said. I work regularly with COIN in OS X and can
probably help. If you could say what version of CoinMP you are trying to
build that would help. I have not seen any failures like you are describing
recently, but OS X is a bit of a complicated platform.

A couple of things to look at:

1. On OS X, the "gcc" compiler command is really calling clang underneath.
If you just need to get something building, installing gcc from homebrew
and using it instead may get you better results. I believe the libraries
should be compatible with anything built by clang.

2. For that matter, there is a homebrew recipe for CoinMP itself.

brew install coinmp

I'll be happy to help get you up and running if you reply with a little
more information. I also transferred the thread to the CoinMP mailing list,
although this discussion may be of general interest.

Cheers,

Ted

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Matthew Saltzman <mjs at clemson.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, 2014-10-04 at 16:02 -0700, Philip Walton wrote:
> > Any suggestion on where to post the information I have to try to get
> > someone to take a look?  I can run tests/build/configure/whatever to
> > try to make it work if someone has some advice.  I won't be able to
> > back-version the compiler as that version is driven by our IT guys...
> > so I can't use the fix above.
>
> I'd post on the CoinMP list
> (http://list.coin-or.org/mailman/listinfo/CoinMP) and if there's no help
> there, contact the project manager directly.
>
> > Side note:
> > When here...
> > http://www.coin-or.org/projects/BuildTools.xml
> >
> > Clicking on the project page link.. it adds a %20 to the URL using
> > chrome (https://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools%20)..which then fails
> > to navigate.
> >

> I'm convinced this is a Chrome bug, but there's a workaround and I've
> applied it to the XML page.  It should be OK now.
> --
> Matthew Saltzman
> Clemson University Math Sciences
> mjs AT clemson DOT edu