[Coin-discuss] Error when compiling with Visual Studio using the CoinBinary project

Andreas Lundell andreas.lundell at abo.fi
Thu Dec 5 10:17:00 EST 2013

Hi all,

The last couple of days I've been trying to compile a simple test
project in Visual Studio using the binary libraries from the
CoinBinary/CoinAll project (COIN-OR-1.7.3) dated 26-27 November 2013.

If I use the following code:

     #include "OSInstance.h"
     int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
     {
         OSInstance * instance;
         instance = new OSInstance();
         return 0;
     }

The compiler gives back something like "error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol "public: __thiscall OSInstance::OSInstance(void)"
(??0OSInstance@@QAE at XZ) referenced in function _wmain".

The same is true if I change the OSInstance to some other class. I've
included the libraries in the lib-folder of the COIN-OR-1.7.3 package
and the header files in the include-folder are also used by the
compiler.  I've also tried the different versions available of the
package (msvc9-11) in combination with the corresponding version of
Visual Studio (2008, 2010 and 2012).

The binary files bundled with the package works well.

Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it?

Regards,

Andreas Lundell