[Coin-discuss] Would it be possible to relicense parts of COIN-OR under an Apache License?

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Tue Oct 4 17:13:44 EDT 2011

Pedro,

[ ... migration of OpenOffice from Sun/Oracle to Apache ... ]

	Yeah, been reading about this. Speculation in the tech press is that
there's a fair bit of code that has incompatible licensing. Seemed to me
that the best thing would be for Apache to give OpenOffice back to
LibreOffice. Certainly, the two groups need to get back together. For
good or ill, not my decision to make.

[ ... relicense CoinMP and underlying code from EPL to Apache ... ]

	A subject that enthralls us all, having just spent the better part of a
year negotiating the relatively simple business of converting from CPL
to EPL. I've put it on the agenda for the next SLB meeting. With the
best of intentions, in the short term, I'd plan on working with EPL.

							Lou